As we enter the second week of December (Can you believe it?) in between shopping and parties, people are beginning to plan their New Year’s Resolution.
A colleague of mine surprised me when she told me that her Resolution is to learn how to become proficient at using Social Media as a Business Building tool.
Read below to learn more about what is considered acceptable, who is using what, and why.
Also, explore how to make sure your staff is maintaining the brand of your company while celebrating the Holidays and ringing in the New Year.
Lastly, start off the New Year in the Black by using our money saving coupon below.
In a survey conducted by Social Media Today it was reported that:
- More than 70% of companies are using social media for branding their products and services
- 1 out of every 4 companies use it to generate leads
- Larger organizations use it as an internal means of communicating
- LinkedIn is used more than Facebook and Twitter
The question remains whether the people you are trying to reach are using the same media.
Unlike phones, fax and mail, these methods of communicating are immediate and FREE. But can ‘cheap be too expensive’ if marketing dollars are spent in this arena and the people that are being reached are not your target market?
There is certain etiquette attached to social media that if used correctly might enable you to get followers that you want to be engaging.
- If you are using it for business - use it for business.
- Don’t leave the photo option blank. Use it for your headshot or use it for your logo - just make sure it represents your brand appropriately.
- Post your messages to reflect industry information - use this as a means to show your expertise in your field.
- It’s always about Marketing! Make sure to market yourself to potential followers.
- Don’t spam people. Make sure your message brings value to your followers.
The holiday season offers some wonderful networking opportunities. Just think how many people you talk to from Thanksgiving to New Years. As a business professional, make sure you present yourself in a positive manner.
Thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter.
Please feel free to forward this information to anyone you think might benefit from it.
If we can be of any assistance to you , please do not hesitate to call, (860) 523-1200.
Have a wonderful day!
The Perfect Promotion, LLC